Thursday, March 30, 2006

Brokeback DVD
or
Steers And Queers


I found this Brokeback call to arms via the Best Gay Scam Site (I mean, seriously...HELLO? Did you not know this is the greatest blog in the world? Its right up there in your browser you toolbox fags!)

Ahem...

Many of us are a bit burned out over the endless gushing over Brokeback Mountain, and if you've been following my blog, you know that I've several times challenged the supposed pioneering and breakthrough status of this film--not that it didn't stab at my heart in so many ways.

I hate gays who challenged Brokeback Mountain...challenged! Who are you, Alexander the Great? Come on, it was a great movie romance and nothing to challenge, stop being a Log Cabin Jew For Jesus and just admit you cried!

But I've imagined that the people who don't NEED to see Brokeback Mountain, will see it and the people who NEED to see it won't.

I agree with that and most of the post, until I'm asked to give someone who's "semi-gay friendly" a copy of Brokeback Mountain.

To be honest with you I'm completely anxious at the thought going out and buying the DVD at my local Virgin Megaplex, I'm always so self-conscious when I buy movies...hell even towel road got his through the MAIL wrapped in a brown paper bag the rumor goes.

Ahh...but you'll know I'll do it, no problems, I don't know if I want to give my copy away to some random mailman or my landlord the serial killer who lives in a dark basement underneath my apartment and has the neighborhood kids over every once in a while, that would all be supremely awkward.

I back the sentiment of the brokeback movement (LA MARICON REVOLUCION!), and would only like to add that people should give the movie to intelligent, or semi-intelligent, people (so sending your copy to the White House would be a waste of time), and don't rule out gay-friendly people because someone can be gay-friendly, watch the movie, and have their passions stirred even further (very much like Howard Stern).

Possible people I'd like to share the movie with:

1. Semi-straight cute guy who lives in my building
2. Questionable guy I say hi to every day.

Quid pro quo, tit for tat, you know what I mean baby? We're on the same page.

Barring all of the above nonsense, I think everyone should just send a copy to Randy Quaid--you know? Just to fuck with him.