Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Geographic Illiteracy
or
America's Youth Can't Find Rednecks On A Map


1/3 of Youths Can't Find Louisiana on a Map

Why the fuck would we want to? Really? What did Louisiana ever do for me?

And Iraq?

Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 fared even worse with foreign locations: six in 10 couldn't find Iraq

Guess what? I dont care where Iraq is, its in the Middle East and its next to Iran, ok?

What should really be upsetting to all of you is the following quote:

"Geographic illiteracy impacts our economic well-being, our relationships with other nations and the environment, and isolates us from the world," National Geographic president John Fahey said in announcing a program to help remedy the problem.

Ok, that is an outrageous claim. How exactly does not having the exact location of Iraq memorized REALLY impact all of that shit? I can GOOGLE it, can't I? If push comes to shove, I can certainly find it, but I have way too many other things on my mind to get involved in your (most likely) for-profit government funded tax write-off program , asswipe.

Pfft...Louisiana.

No comments: