Friday, July 28, 2006

Gay Marriage (Part 5,000)
or
Send Condoleeza!


I found this through Dave regarding Gay Marriage:

But mostly, what I'm saying is this: If you truly believe that we should just keep doing more of the same - harping on one issue, getting shot down by voter initiative after court decision...then come stand in front of me, nose-to-nose, eye-to-eye, and tell me straight to my face.

Because I want that laugh. I want to stand there and laugh and laugh at the shear naivete 'til my sides hurt and you look away from your discomfort.


Sounds like a cheery guy.

I know a great deal of older gay men who share an overwhelming apathy and even outright hostility to the concept of gay marriage, so I can understand the alarmist tones I sense in a lot of those writings.

However, gay marriage in America is not an Iraq quagmire, the main difference being that the war in Iraq is aimless and without a specified goal (you can't win something if you don't have a clear idea what it is you're gunning for). I know the prez likes to say, "stay the course," the problem is we don't know where the course leads.

With gay marriage, here's the goal; the legalization of gay marriage.

Second point, the status of gay marriage is only one part of an American upheavel in regards to conservatives, religion, our crumbling foreign policy, and the question of morality...I mean some of us are outraged that two barbie-like polygons are rubbing each other in a videogame, and the more sane people are shaking our head at the whole thing.

Yes I agree that there should be strategy, but no, we shouldn't believe there will be a magical right time to introduce gay marriage, and that it will be accepted by everyone in some magical civilized utopia.

In fact, that's exactly what the Iraq war is about. Oh there's no one set goal, we're just going to win the hearts and minds of people and stop terrorism, well good luck with that my friend, I might as well add "find Osama Bin laden" into my wishlist of gay rights demands.

There will never be a right time, but there are always opportune moments, and as such the gay marriage issue was pushed for at the OPPORTUNE time. No regrets needed or wanted, and certainly no laughing at anyone's face.

Religion and the moral right are in a panic, and not mainly because of gay marriage, but because of many other factors (dwindling followers, pedophilia among priests, muslim jihads etc etc), and that's just a sign of the times. Believe it or not, we homos have the easiest job, and if you pansies go ape-shit crazy just because the odds seem temporarily against you then maybe you should go live in the mountains somewhere.

Happy Friday!
________________________________________

Notes

Naked role for Harry Potter star

Greg Brady high allegedly. ((trips over bike pump, giggles))

Mel Gibson DUI allegedly ((kills a jew, burps))
________________________________________