Monday, October 30, 2006

Goings Ons
or
My Halloween Movie Picks


I was thinking that I was trying to be good natured, but I was only fooling myself.

I told a boy we should hang out again, only without the promise of screwing, you know, as friends...

He said it sounded fine, but that he had been busy lately.

With what?

Stuff, I think he said.

Stuff...ok cool. I got off of my couch, deleted him from my phone, deleted the screen name, removed him from my myspace friend's list, all without a hint of melodrama too, it was just a matter-of-fact.

I'm not telling the whole story of course, suffice to say that, while in bed with me, I swear he uttered the following phrase very loudly: "I want to lose myself in sexual oblivion."

What can I say? I'm good at what I do, and post-graduate students have that certain post-modern nihilistic neglectful misanthropy I find so sexy.

God I wish he was dead.

In other more upbeat terms, I was asked by a Finnish/English Online Magazine to write thought-provoking (or brain smoshing in my case) articles for them, located here

I thought it was random enough...I mean me in a Finnish mag? Of course I'd do it. I'll write something about Dawkins and how cool atheism is I think, that's a good intro.

(Spot me on the ovi team page for extra points).

Also if anyone is planning a Halloween Scary Movie Film Fest, here are my picks with handy youtube clips:

1) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (One of the finest horror films ever).
2) Dawn of the Dead (original).
2) The Fly (remake by Cronenberg)
3) Fire Walk With Me (David Lynch, great to show while everyone is drunk)
4) Begotten (really fucks everyone up at the end).

No comments: