Thursday, February 15, 2007

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places
or
Asshole Seeks Fulfillment




I've come to a very important personal decision in my life.

I will open myself to a long term romantic relationship with a gay man. I know homosexuals everywhere are rejoicing.

Let me explain; thus far I've half-assed it with flings and tentative dates with boys that have freaked me out--which led to some hastily dropped connections.

I was always open to a relationship, but was rather laissez-faire about the whole procedure. I'm now ready to take more proactive steps to procure someone however.

I told this to Jase today and he promptly linked me to this...

Oh dear Lord, what the shit is that? I said I wanted a boyfriend, not to cut my penis off. I scoured my zipcode and found mostly C.H.U.Ds with one or two intriguing looking people. I don't know about putting up a profile though, it could be good for a laugh, what do you think?

A wise man once told me, "look Kevin, there are two types of men, the pursuers, and the pursued, you have to know who you are." I've been pursued by the weirdest people on Earth, so I naturally assumed I was in the pursued camp.

But this isn't true.

I'm in a position of ambition, I think I'm a pretty great pursuer, and most of the people I've liked in the last couple of years have struck me as wanting to be pursued.

...and I just hadn't!

Now I don't want to devolve into the cliched netlogger, you know the type, the gay man who is looking for love in all the wrong places (New York). One thing that sets me apart from that particular group is that I'm not a fat slob, my personality is not a mess, I have no underlying need to be loved by my proverbial daddy, and I don't NEED a god damn body lying next to me to go to sleep at night.

But I am in the mood for romance, so if you've got a single friend let me know, I can charm the pants of off parents and friends.

Oh also, no fat chicks.

(here is a perfect example of the type of boy I date)
__________________________________________

Notes

Three Musketeers homo commercial, from the Jimmy Kimmel show.
__________________________________________

No comments: