Sunday, February 25, 2007

Musicians
or
Going To A Small Venue To See A Band No One Knows About




Chances are the above movie sucks ass, but I am trying to make a point here. As a writer, I do believe I am greatly and dangerously swayed by musical talents.

What I'm trying to say is that for the last month I've seriously considered becoming a roadie, sort of like Almost Famous but more gay.

These indie musicians have evil mind control superpowers and they ought to be stopped for the benefit of my health. I don't think there's anything sexier than a boy with a guitar (unless he's a boy with a guitar who's dedicating a song to you). Musicians have real talent and they should all die for it...

At any rate, I'm not sure that it isn't too late for me to start in on this cliche, after all I'm 24 years old...but here I am in NYC, wearing the thick black glasses, and getting into all sorts of indie bands nobody has heard of.

I'm just so fucking ahead of the curve...

I took Jase to the downstairs part of Lit Lounge last night to check out Indie Queer rockers Bad Jamie, you can read more about that here, they were super talented and adorable, I was tempted to run away with them foreveeeeer! Go buy their cd.

Afterwards I was reminded of the LA Band Where's Moo (whose lead singer I met and hung out with, but didn't see play). I found this video of them on youtube, and I've watched it over 20 times I think.

Le sigh its not fair. As you can see, I do fall hard gay for bands, I need to snap out of it. Maybe a cold shower will help.

Oh yeah, buy the Where's Moo cd too.
______________________________________

Notes

David Lynch's ABCs. I can see why Sesame Street passed on this.
______________________________________

No comments: