8 Facts About My Sick Life
I just caught a super late flight from Atlanta Georgia last night, so I'm dead tired.
However, David tagged me with a meme...so I feel I should comply because David is going through some very excruciatingly hard times.
That's right, he broke up with his boyfriend.
A moment of silence please. David is embarking on a remarkably stressful situation that most of us will never go through... the BREAKUP of a relationship.
I'm sure nobody knows what that feels like.
Alright let's get to it:
EIGHT RANDOM FACTS/HABITS ABOUT ME
First, the rules:
1. Post the rules before you begin your list
2. List eight random facts/habits about yourself
3. At the end of your blog, choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Hmm...as far as memes go this is a pretty suck-ass one. Though I'm pretty tired and irritable right now, so I might as well suck ass.
1) I once faked an illness in order to get out Karate lessons. It worked so well that I extended this illness to miss most of my sophomore year of high school. The illness involved uncontrollable gagging. I was sent to a psychiatrists once doctors realized nothing was wrong with me.
2) I was notoriously shy and completely introverted while in middle school and through most of my childhood. I now find myself to be quite the opposite: noxiously outgoing.
3) I once gave an appallingly patronizing salute to a legless Vietnam war veteran because he wanted some change from me, I refused to give it to him, and he started yelling at me. I don't think I regret doing that.
4) I have flat feet and knock knees. I can't see very well and I'm probably going deaf.
5) I knew I wanted to be a writer when--in 3rd grade--I entranced a room full of my peers with a story I wrote about a doctor who had turned himself into a fly. The story was based on a picture that was given out to all of us. The end twist in the story was that his rival colleague had turned himself into a giant spider.
6) I will eat any food, except raw radishes. They make me gag.
7) My grandma once administered a pill rectally to me...I have no idea what THAT was about, but she's in a home now because she has dementia and Alzheimer's...so justice is served (?).
8) When I was a kid I once picked up the neighbor's cat, flung him around the air by his tail, and threw him as far as I could. The cat landed on his feet, came up to me, and promptly scratched me in the arm. I never told anyone this occurred except for you all.
Aye that is it. Hmmm I'm tagging everyone who is reading this btw. Yeah that'll work! I'll write more about Atlanta Georgia and its fine tradition of poisonous fried food tommorrow. Tonight though...this next one goes out to my old friend David, giddyap!
Thursday, June 28, 2007