Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Children of Men
or
Birth




I was watching the movie Children of Men last night--an excellent post-apocalyptic sci-fi adventure--when a question full of generous curiosity filled my head.

Is it possible for a woman to exert so much pressure during the birthing process that she accidentally poops? If not, then what's stopping the poop from coming out, and if yes, then how awkward would that be for all parties involved?

I would imagine that pushing a child out would also cause a woman to lose control of her bowels, just like it happens when you die.

I would go to Yahoo Answers for this but I fear I would get arrested.

______________________________________

Notes...

I Love To Sing-a
______________________________________

5 comments:

bagel said...

"Is it possible for a woman to exert so much pressure during the birthing process that she accidentally poops?"

Some nurse with the worst job ever gives her an enema first, else yeah, she'd totally shit everywhere.
My aunt still managed to piss and shit -- right in the doctor's face. We have it on video. It's lovely.

Too Hotty said...

Yeah, I've been thinking about this all morning, actually, because my coworker just had a baby yesterday. I guess it happens all the time.

Deviant said...

Is it possible to mistake the turd for a baby I wonder? I wonder if Dr. Huxtable ever did that.

WDL said...

my sister in law totally shit herself during the birth of her first child. it surprised her, noone told her it might happen.

But yes, Virginia, women do shit themselves during birth - sometimes.

xo,
WDL

Deviant said...

Now that is awesome. If I was a Doctor I would wrap the poop in a blanket and present it to the mother by saying: "Congratulations! Its a turd."

We'd all have a good laugh and then I'd give them their real baby :)