Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Asian Deformities
or
My Take On HBOs The Wire


Hey guys, I want you to meet Huang Chuncai. He's my hero...



...because he looks how I feel.

I don't know how we can look at that face and NOT feel sympathy. This man's tumor face carries the weight of life on it. Bravo China, kudos to your fumes and your industrial waste.

On a different topic, I've been getting into HBO's the Wire because its being so critically hailed at this point (witness praise here, here, and here.)

Its a great show, but they should really warn people...

Warning! HBO's The Wire is mostly about black people.

Seriously, its jarring having to adjust yourself to this fact, but once you do the show is pretty neat. Its a familiar story for me because I lived in the ghettos of Los Angeles and had to deal with gang-banging blacks and latinos all my life, but I'm sure its foreign ground for most HBO subscribers.

The show has low ratings, but a cult following, which probably means that most HBO subscribers are white racists who won't give a person with black skin the time of day. This would make sense, because doctors don't treat blacks as good as they treat white for cancer, and when those doctors go home to relax in front of HBO, they refuse to watch the Wire because its full of blacks just like in their office.

Which is a shame.

The Wire is a show about power and the way it courses through Baltimore. You can't write about the Wire without sounding like a pretentious douchebag, so I'll renege and instead tell you that if you like to perv on blacks, then watch the Wire.



Shit yeah I love me some Wire intro!
_______________________________________

Notes

Italian Men: The Myth. They're hairy and gay.

Fat Girls are Fat.

That guy who cooked his girlfriend blames it on God. He REALLY works in mysterious ways.
_______________________________________

5 comments:

Too Hotty said...

A cross between Jabba the Hutt and Marjory the Trash Heap. Good choice for a hero.

bagel said...

Seems you've linked to every news org except your beloved ABC.
Lovers' quarrel?

Deviant said...

I loved Marjory!

No i still love ABC for my up to the minute Britney watch news source.

Matt C said...

he looks like the Witch of the Waste

YDIML said...

Good Lord, I thought those were his legs on the table!