Saturday, November 29, 2008

IGN Outsources Its Writers
or
Why 'Zines Should Never Fire Their Editors When Times Are Tough

Below are excerpts from a feature at IGN.com

"This Thanksgiving, IGN celebrates a collection of videogame turkeys -- games and consoles that should have flown (they had wings)..."
___

"...both in-house and third-party,were scrambling in the background trying to make heads and tails of the awkward hardware while dealing severely constricting budgets and schedules."

__

"Shenmue saga was supposed to rescue the Saturn and turn Ryo into a household name amongst gamers. Then it supposed to rescue the Dreamcast."

__

"But Shenmue is a classic example making sure your masterpiece is something that more than the converted will play."

__

"When the PlayStation 3 debuted with a bloated price tag and limited install base, the rabid fans began clinging to upcoming games as proof that the system would rock. One of those much hyped title was Lair"

__

"Fans were at first outraged, but the majority of folks found the inability to a dragon to turn in flight a deal breaker."


__

Is this even FUCKING English?

-Deviant

3 comments:

lauriekendrick said...

It's either Esperanto or IGN talks total ass.

Here's hoping you had a fabulous L-Trytophan high this past week.

I come here to remember to what is is for which I should be aspiring.

You roque, Deviant and I've heard that you also roll...

...big, fat spleefs.

LK




Best,
LK

im'mature said...

It's high-brow satire, Kevin. Sheesh.

PS - Leave my Halloween profile pic alone. I can look like a skank in public if I want. You're not the boss of me! *runs from room, slams own bedroom door*

Kevin said...

I'll have to write about my thanksgiving! I spent it with The Reality Show Reject. We taught an 8 year old kid to sing the classic christmas carol "We Wish You A Merry Queefmas"

You let that freak flag flap high boy.